Thursday, January 1, 2009

My Glamorous Singapore Trip...

First and foremost, I wish everyone who is reading this a Happy and Wonderful New Year. May the year of Ox brings all of you good health and wealth. I've been to Singapore for a whole week, and like the years before, I was still excited to be there. Singapore might look small on the map, but it was full with happening and fun places. I went there on a sunny and hot afternoon of Christmas Eve, and reached my cousins' place around 6pm. All I ever did there was SHOPPING, that's the very main purpose for me to go there. They have great discounts and I just couldn't stop myself. I spent more than SGD 100 plus only in Giordano and got a free lifetime membership. I know Malaysia have Giordano, their designs there were better and suits me more. Then, I bought 3 pairs of shoes, a pair of jeans and some souvenirs for some of my friends. Went to a lot of places to look for the things I wanted, but some were too expensive, doesn't look good on me or out of my size. I feel kinda lazy to snap any photos on what I bought, so, maybe in another post. Hehe. I also had lots of fun with my cousin brother's daughter who is only 15 months, Mei Yi. Although she is very young, but she listens to what we say and very obedient.

[Mei Yi posing for the camera... aww... isn't she cute?]

[laughing happily after drinking Pepsi]

We brought Mei Yi to the Singapore Zoo where they are very famous for their white tigers and got even more well known after a Malaysian worker was mauled to death while feeding them. The zoo was huge and have a lot of rare animals and those you don't get to see everyday. We couldn't even finish seeing everything after walking for 6 hours. Of course those include some performances by the animals there. They really trained them well. In Malaysia, I think we can finish seeing everything within 30 minutes. What a huge difference, huh? below are some photos I took, but I didn't upload everything, or else this will be a very long post.

[The Zoo was filled with people and the que was extremely long]

[Otters]

[some animals that look like warthogs but not warthogs]

[the almighty lion and lionness]

[Mei Yi looking happily at the zebras]

Besides shopping and visiting the zoo, I also quite like the food there. They were really into quality, not only food, but also services. The waiters and waitresses there always serve you with a smile, some might joke with you and play with your baby. Their cheery way of serving really make your day and have your meal happily even though they were only working for some food court, but they give you the 5 star service. Malaysians should really take them as example. The way waiters serve here will make you leave instantly with anger, or lose your appetite.

The only thing I was quite disappointed with is they are not as clean as they were before. I mean the streets. I remember the last time I went. everywhere were sparkling clean, but now, you can see thrashes along some streets. But, I also love their healthy lifestyle. You can see people in all ages jogging everyday in the morning and evening or night either alone or with friends or family. That somehow motivates me to go jogging too. Below is what a conversation will be like if you ask a Singaporean and Malaysian to go jogging.

Sinagaporean: Jogging? Sure. What time?

Malaysian: Huh? Jogging? You want to diet ah? Aiya, no need lah, you so thin liao.

See the difference?

On New Year Eve, we went to my cousin's cousin, Jessie's place to celebrate her daughter's 1st birthday. We had buffet for dinner, chit chat a while, then it was time to blow out the candle and cut the cake. We had to leave early, so, I didn't get the chance to eat that delicious looking ice cream cake. Haha. before leaving, I camwhored a while and saw this amazing staircase for me to do some shooting. So, I dragged Jian Cong, another cousin of my cousin, to snap some photos for me. Hehe.

[me with the party clown hat]

[oops... got caught while camwhoring]

[at the staircase]

[acting drunk and depressed]

[red HOT me... wakaka]

[do you like my shoe or my long leg?]

[me going wild]

[my little photographer who was too shy to show his face]

Then, we went home to pack our belongings, and rest. When the clock strikes at 12am, I could hear some booming sound, so, I went out to look at the fireworks. Although it was quite far from our place, but we could still see them clearly. They were so beautiful and lasted for more than 10 minutes. We could also hear people cheering and shouting Happy New Year to each other. How happening that scene was. After watching TV for a while, we went to sleep.

This morning, we woke up at 7am, and get ourself prepared before going for breakfast. After breakfast, we got our luggage and put them into the car, and took off. I reached home in Seremban around 1pm plus.
Well, that's all about this post. Wish me luck again for this Saturday's performance. Hope you guys enjoy and wish you all a Happy New Year.

5 comments:

Brendan said...

Good luck in your coming performance!!! =D

Mei-Wah said...

Happy New Year!!! :)

Sean Aw said...

Thanks Brendan, and Happy New Year to you too, Mei Wah. =)

Uthaya Sankar SB said...

Sean,

How are you? You might not remember me anymore but that's okay.

Just wanted to tell you that your blog is interesting.

And I am very -- very, very, very, indeed -- glad that you use proper English; not merely SMS language.

Bravo!

Sean Aw said...

Mr. Uthaya, of course I remember you... you are the best LAN subjects lecturer I've ever known... glad that you like my blog... =)