Sunday, April 5, 2009

ASSignments "made my day"...

Finally, two assignments ( Intro to Journalism and Intro to PR) were down and two more (Photography and Design & Layout) to go. I totally deserve some wild night out after a whole week of stress for rushing the two projects.

For Journalism, I had to do a 4 pages newsletter for UCSI and Mr. Sharaad kinda expected us to write all the articles on our own. Due to some minor blockage of ideas recently, I had no other choice but to look for articles thru the net that I found interesting and relevant to students, and later edited them with my own words. Of course I did credit and cite them for fear of losing marks and accused of plagiarising. But I am not that lazy by using everything from the net. I did write some articles on my own. Hehe. Below is the newsletter I did. The name of the newsletter is U-NITY which stands for UCSI's Community in short and I was quite surprised that the lecturer and most students like it because they think it's creative. Muahaha.

[Cover page]

[Page 2]
[Page 3]
[Last page = Page 4]

In the case of PR, it was a group project where we think of a company and propose to them to be their PR and our choice was Microsoft Corporation. Our group consists of 5 person and they were Andrew, Joey, Marsha, George and me. Everyone was assigned to do something and my part was to plan an event for the launching of Microsoft Windows 7 OS Beta Version. It was kinda hard and challenging, and I had to ask some friends in the event field for informations so that my pile of work and report doesn't look fake. After finishing the proposal for the event, Andrew asked me to design a poster and brochure so that our work looks more convincing. Behold the poster and brochure I created. Wahaha.

[The Poster]

[Cover and back page of the brochure][Content of the brochure]

I have to reshoot my photos for photography assignment 3 and we already got a new assignment before I can even finish the previous one. Sigh... This time the theme or topic is Provocative. What am I suppose to shoot? Any ideas, anyone? I still have to finish up my Design & Layout where YY and me had to do a magazine cover, content page and double spread. Hope we can finish everything on time. Stress again... (=.=) That's all about assignments, and next post will be all FUN and nothing but FUN... Wakaka.

No comments: