Friday, July 18, 2008

Condolences to Brownie and Snowy...

In this gloomy morning, where the sun has risen and a new day has come, but another member of the family had left us for the world up above the sky, the heaven. Yes, the word ANOTHER. They were the result of love from Brownie and Snowy, the beloved baby hamsters. Altogether, three of them were gone. A few days ago, I found one Brownie Junior Jr was missing, and I guessed Snowy had devoured him. Don't get me wrong. In some articles I read, eating the baby is actually a way for them to protect the baby from any sufferings such as sickness and hunger. So, they picked the weakest to be sacrificed and the stronger ones survive. But, it's really sad to know that they are gone. Last night, I found the only white baby hamster, Snowy Junior Jr lying there and he did not move at all even though his brothers were running around him and I sensed something wasn't right. And so, I scooped him out from the cage and found him not breathing and eyes were shut. I had no choice but to dispose of him. But, another Brownie Junior Jr had also left us for no apparent reason. The similar thing about both of their death is, they were not very active like they usually did the night before they died and no injuries were found on their bodies. A few days ago, I cleaned their cage and changed to new wood shavings which has green apple smell. I wonder could it possibly that they thought the wood shavings were really apple and eat them? Sigh... Now only two Brownie Junior Jrs left but Snowy doesn't seem to realize some of her babies were missing. But, I'm sure she'll still try her best to take good care of the two babies that survived. Below is a picture I took the night before Snowy Junior Jr left us for the immortal world.



They looked so cute when the four of them sleep together, but, I guess we wont be seeing this kind of moments anymore. Alright, everyone, may we have a moment of silence...

*****
****
***
**
*
Thank you.
This cyber funeral and mourning is officially ended. Thank you all for visiting.
PS: Mei Wah, I won't be answering ur TAG questions soon for I am not in a very good mood. Thank you for your kind consideration.

1 comment:

Mei-Wah said...

my deepest condolences for you... :( i will miss them too... probably God love them more than you do.

i understand that. it's okay about the tag.