Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Rest and Relax...

The door left open with soft and cooling breeze rushing in and brushing through my delicate skin, plus the wind from the fan adds some chillness to the living hall. With the company of my TV which is now showing The Simpsons while I sit myself comfortably on the sofa and writing this very post. Ah... The comfort and satisfaction which is going through every inch of my body. It's been quite a while since I last sat in this comfy environment. Due to my studies, I rarely have the chance to come home, lay myself on the couch, flipping through TV channels, and watch whatever I think interesting and maybe online at the same time to check on my Facebook, play some games in it (Restaurant City and Pet Society most of the time) and wait for dinner to be served. How wonderful if my life could be like that forever? If only we do not have to worry about everything else such as money, studies, work, and whatever that leads us to grow grey hair faster than the speed of light. If only we could stay young forever. If only... The list goes on and on.

I've finally finish reading a book with the title 'Life's Like That' written by Lydia Teh, a Malaysian female writer who I really admire recently. Her book depicts on her own experience towards the citizens of Malaysia which we called Malaysians. She added a touch of humor while describing life of Malaysians, and I truly agree with her point of views and I could really relate myself to all the things she wrote. She was also brave enough to mention some major flaws of Malaysians but camouflaged nicely with her sense of humor.

I am currently reading her other book titled 'Honk! If You Are Malaysian' which is quite similar to the previous book, but different stories altogether. I was amazed with her style of writing and I've never in such a long time enjoy a book that is written by a Malaysian writer. Hope she will have more books to come.

The Simpsons is over and it's time for me to get back to the book. Hope I can finish it as soon as possible as my classes begin next week and it's gonna be busy, and totally gonna gives us headache due to the so-called 'systematic' systems and management in UCSI. Enjoy and relax while I still can and that applies to all my UCSI friends. Tata.

1 comment:

adore said...

Aiks, you should have came in earlier! We invited Lydia Teh to give a talk during the International Women's Week last year.