Thursday, September 18, 2008

Here Comes The Bride...

Wedding can be the most tiring thing happening in our life especially Chinese wedding. Why do I say so? Well, it was because I was attending my cousin sister’s wedding last Saturday and Sunday. On Friday night, a few relatives from Penang came over just for the wedding and they slept in my place before going to the wedding dinner the next day.

On Saturday, we went to Port Dickson in the afternoon and preparing ourselves for the dinner. And for me, I had to do make up for the groom and also styling his hair for both days. It was my cousin sister’s request and I am glad that she trusted me. On that night, we saw a lot of family friends and relatives (where some I have no impression of meeting them before although we have the same surname Aw, and they are in our family tree). I couldn’t recognize some of them because we haven’t see them for quite some time and I was kinda blur when my dad introduce them to me and my sister or remind us of who they are. I was busy touching up for the groom’s hair and of course the main thing, eating. I ate quite a lot that night because I was really hungry from all the rushing. After dinner, we went back to the hotel where my cousin rented around 10 rooms for her friends and family who came from other places. The hotel is called The Legend Hotel. We can see the sea through my room and the room was kinda large. The only thing that was inconvenient was the bathroom. It was of western style and has no door. So, we had to stay in the room while someone is bathing or showering. Below are some photos of the hotel.
[This is the view of the bathroom]
[The basin]
[The bed]
[The wardrobe, TV, desk and another bed]
[The view from my room =)]
[The chalets]
[More chalets coming... =)]

The next day, Sunday, I had to wake up by 6.30am to do make up and styling for the groom. And by 8.30am, we depart from the hotel to fetch the bride. They played some games which I did not like at all. Then, the Chinese wedding tradition was conducted by offering tea to the elders and distribute ang pow or red packets to the young ones. Then, they have to go back to the hotel and do the same thing but to the groom’s side of family. After everything was done, we had lunch in the restaurant where we had the wedding dinner the night before. It’s called Seaview Seafood Restaurant. We then went back to Seremban after having some rest in the hotel and started unpacking.
There is another good news. Snowy gave birth to eight babies last Friday. Yup. The day before the wedding. Haha. I thought I saw only six, but today I counted again, and the total was actually eight. I wanted to post this up earlier but the connection in my Cheras room was very bad this few days. It was very unstable and kept on disconnecting. It was totally driving me NUTS. So, I had no choice but to delay this post until this very day. And I am happy that I will get my new laptop soon. Hehe. But worrying for my term paper for Psychology class and final project for Advertising which we have to start doing now. Midterm is just next week and hope I will manage to pass with flying colors and also stars. Haha.
Well, that’s basically all I wanna share to all of you who are reading. Photos of the wedding will be uploaded when I got a copy of it. Cheers. (^.^)

1 comment:

enicyo said...

Wow, I've been there before and now there's more chalets popping up. Nice nice.

The Legend, my impression was the bathroom was attached to the main room entrance and have to pass thru the bathroom, windows blinds are just speechless, no privacy at all. The Legend's, same appearance and design. =P hehe