Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Some New & Interesting Experiences...

I finally had a taste of being a 8.30am to 5.30pm office worker in Enson's company , Carlson Marketing, but we were in different department, and I was only working for 2 days (21 October to 22 October) as they need people to call to Guam to do a survey. Enson called me the day before and asked whether I would be interested in taking that job as it was very urgent and I agreed.

It's something like Telemarketing, where I had to call every single numbers in their database, but instead of selling or promoting something, I was asking questions. I need to make at least 20 successful calls in a day and it sounds easy at first, but by the time I started calling for an hour, I started to feel pressured because most of them did not answer, or some were not in service, and some were wrong numbers, and some declined to do the survey. But, fortunately for me, I did make 20 successful calls after calling for more than 200 calls for the first day, and I was so relieved. Even the supervisor was surprised that I made it and it made me felt so proud.

For the second day, I also managed to make 20 successful calls even before 5pm. My supervisor felt really happy and asked me to do whatever I want since I've hit the call target for that day and I was sitting there and waiting for time to pass. Not long after, my supervisor asked me to try to make another 5 successful calls just for back up, and I tried calling until 5.30pm but none were successful, and she said it's OK and asked me to sign a form and I could go. It was definitely a different experience for me and it was quite enjoyable. But I wouldn't know if I can do this everyday.

Then, on Saturday (23 October) morning, Yap, Enson, Kim, Leah, Austin, Danny and I went cycling in Taman Botani, Putrajaya. Before that, we gathered and had our breakfast at a dim sum restaurant in Kuchai Lama. Seems like most of them know how to cycle and the only ones who didn't know was Danny and me. After some advices and mentoring from Kim and Leah, I finally know how to ride on a bicycle. I felt really proud of myself, but of course I will have to thank Kim and Leah for being so patient in teaching me. Then we cycle to a very nice place to take some pictures and we left Danny behind as he was still trying to figure out and analyze on how to ride that damn bike. Here are the pictures... Behold...






 




After cycling, we went to Kim and Leah's place to rest and shower and had lunch before heading to Pavilion and we had dessert in Snowflakes. Later that night, we had dinner in Miharja and called it a day.

Well, that's all for this post. Feeling kinda tired now. Will try to update again soon... Adios... ^^

1 comment:

KP said...

I saw you boys at Snowflakes. OMG. You took up all the seats there and my family and I had to go to Baskin Robbins instead.