Wednesday, February 17, 2010

A Super Boring CNY...

It's a super boring and not-so-happening Chinese New Year this year. Although it's my year (tiger year), but I don't feel anything that is supposed to be celebrated at all. The worst part was I had to do a very last minute shopping. I only bought 1 shirt and jeans. How surprising right? The only thing that was happening around me was when all of our family members sat together for dinner. Besides that, boredom is the only thing I felt. Nevertheless, I got very little ang paus this year and that adds to the sad part of new year this year.

That's all I've got to say. Back to my rotting position. Adios...

1 comment:

Riders on a Mission said...

Kong Hei Fatt Choy :)...well, I've gone thru' 43 CNYs and I would say that the kind of excitement and fun you feel changes over the years. From when I was a young boy to where I am now, it certainly has changed and it should. I mean we can't still be running around playing fire crackers, right? Oops ,they've banned crackers already? hahahhaha gosh, I can't even remember when I last lit up a string of red fire crackers..now that is fun at no matter what age you are. Now..CNY for me is to see my nephews and nieces faces lit up with joy, it is a time when we feel blessed to be able to share quiet family time with our siblings and our parents. We do not know when we shall be called back by our Lord, no one does. So we make the most of our time here. And to know that I have many friends near and afar, makes me feel blessed too. So Happy Chinese New Year, Sean. May you always be blessed with love from God, your loving family and wonderful friends :) Cheers!